Thursday, September 8, 2016

Cross Country report




Finally it was time to start, Mr Marple said some words on the mic, then passed it to Mr White he said some things too. The track was a little tricky but easy to remember. When it’s my turn I will start by the path round by the trees, then start get a good placing. Then the corner would loom in, I would follow the cones that were placed all round the track then, round by the houses, down the chute and I would be done.



When my race was called I felt the hairs stand up on the back of my head and the butterflies in my tummy.I stepped up to the starting line the clappers went SLAP BANG! Everything went in slow motion I was left behind at the very back, I had to work my way up.  I had finally got up the front at the end of the race, I raced down the chute everyone cheering me on I came second that day.



When I crossed the finish line I was tired, and just wanted to fall asleep. But luckily I didn’t because I was brainwashed by the crowd, it was so loud. I saw Charlize behind me she came 8th and my best friend Skylar came 11th. It was amazing I stood up on the podium and didn’t smile. I forgot to smile. Then it was time to go back to school and do some more learning. After that we would pack up for the day and go home. My Mum and Dad were so proud of me.

3 comments: